Sunday, February 19, 2012

Time to show-off

I decided to get a head start to get a few winter objects done well before the cold weather arrives in NZ again (keep in mind its mid summer here). This scarf  (The Claudia Scarf) was a lovely pattern to make, but it did take me a fair while as it was in 4ply with a 3mm hook!  I really do prefer making with DK/8 ply and bigger hooks for sure.


But if you want to make a very pretty scarf, this is perfect. I think I may try it again with DK and less repeats and see how that turns out too.

That's all for me tonight, I have a terrible allergic reaction to something and have Hives all over me. Not feeling the best so I'm going to watch some trash telly.

xxx Kylie

5 comments:

Claire said...

Hey Kylie, the scarf looks lovely but I can imagine it took a while......

Hope you're feeling tip top ASAP, doesn't sound like much fun.

Claire :]

Leah said...

Oh honey your scarf is amazing! I admire your patience - I think I would have given up ages ago. Hope you're feeling ok hon. I'd call right now but just realised it's pretty late. Take care - hope those flippin' hives retreat soon.
L
x

Neetz said...

Gorgeous scarf (and colour), although you had me stumped with your DK this and 3mm that...lol ;)

Get better soon! Asher's off school today with a really bad chest infection. See ya round the playground!

Annaboo's House said...

So lovely! I love the fine stitches and the colour is gorgeous!
It must have taken such a lot of patience.
Well dome you, Missus!
Xx

Carla said...

Troppo bella, più la guardo e più mi viene voglia di farla...