Sunday, July 17, 2011

Doesn't it make you feel great!



I've had a few requests lately for hats (specifically little newborn ones) so I've been making a few and they have sold like hot cakes. Such a lovely feeling knowing that people actually *like* what I make.

We've cracked into the first bottle of cider (you may remember the cider making process) and it's actually not bad. Bit sweet yet, but as it ferments more the alcohol with increase and the sugar decrease. Will be lovely come late Spring/early Summer.


I've started a new job 3 days a week. It's a foreign environment for me as it's just about all men working there (and very *blokey* types they are). The only thing I struggle with is the man sized coffee mugs. It takes me about an hour and a half to drink a cup of tea out of one of them. So I've got myself a nice dainty teacup to take along tomorrow. I'm sure it's too pretty to be used by any of the boys.

I have done very little in the way of baking recently, I've had a nasty virus the last few days and have tried to keep my germies to myself, but I did manage to whip up the girls favourite meringues before I went all cough, cough, cough-y.

I'm dreaming of warmer days, poor Towbe is waiting patiently in the barn for us.....

1 comment:

Leah said...

The hats look fabulous! I bet these ones sell really quickly too.