Sunday, June 19, 2011

When plans have to change

We had a sick child over the weekend, nothing major but enough to make us miss our weekend away. A real shame but at least we made the most of it and tried to be fairly productive.

My favourite slice currently - Caramel Oat Slice (based on a Jo Segar recipe). It's supposed to be made as a cake but it's just so rich that i prefer to make it as a slice and cut into smallish pieces. I also usually use white chocolate drizzled over the top but I'm all out of that until shopping day so dark chocolate was even better I think. Mmmmmm divine!



The girls were going it stir crazy stuck at home so I made them some playdough, but this time with a twist. Strawberry flavoured pink playdough and Peppermint flavoured green playdough. I use the cooked version of playdough and it always turns out perfectly.


Playdough recipe

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
1 1/2 cups of water
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Cream of Tarter
Food colouring (and essence if desired)

Mix all together in a saucepan, heat over a low/med heat stir occasionally. When ingredients start sticking together (about 5-8 mins) then remove from pan and lay out on floured board or wax paper. Knead until smooth. Have fun with it :)
Pizza

I've also been busy with some nice natural remedies. A cute little airfresher (baking soda and essential oil) in a stylised jar (found on pinterest - gosh I love that site!!!) and more liquid handwash - this time in Rosewater fragrance.


Have a great week  x  Kylie

5 comments:

Neetz said...

Boo to sick kiddies
Yay to awesome Jo Seager slice
Yay for cool air freshner and other crafty goodness!!
;)

Leah said...

Wow that caramel cake/slice looks amazing! I think I put on weight just looking at it.

Kate said...

I love that you still had a lovely weekend and got up to some pretty fun stuff.
Hope the small is all better now.

PaisleyJade said...

Drooling over that slice!!! Loving playdough - just made some here too.

Renee said...

Yummy slice!

Love the air freshener idea - isn't Pinterest AMAZING!